Sunday, September 14, 2008

Holy crap! I have a blog! I knew I should have used a condom...

Hey everybody, this is my first blog entry. Horray... ha ha oh whatever, I am marginally excited. I got the idea from watching an episode of the showtime comedy "Califonication" in which David Duchovny plays a brilliant author who hasn't written a book in 7 years (his former works were brilliant and hugely popular, one of them being butchered into a Rom/Com (that is slick industry jargon for Romantic Comedy. Neat huh?) starring Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes) and has started to somewhat revitalize his career by blogging for a website called Hell-A Magazine. Now that I've just spent several minutes plugging the shit out of a popular television show, I am going to get to the point; I thought it was cool. The guy basically expressed his disdain for the entertainment industry and society in general for a pay cheque. I mean really, all the nerds in the world (of which I include myself) would think that would be the gig of a lifetime.

Now I am not claiming to be smart, or to really have anything of value to say, but I think it is pretty cool that I can write whatever is on my mind and have it (in a way) published. Lets give this a whirl!

Ahem...

"I CANNOT FUCKING STAND THE BEATLES!!!!!!!"

Ha ha, that was kind of fun. And if I ever drive a car in England, you can bet your ass I'll be flooring it down Abbey Road. Now I don't feel the need to really justify my dislike for the Beatles. Sure, they were brilliant songwriters. Obviously, they have a bazillion fans. I just think that the sound of those songs makes me want to bludgeon fluffy bunnies with a frozen baguette. Nothing against them or their fans, it is just a personal preference thing. I also like Geddy Lee's voice, which 9 out of 10 people deem as pleasurable as "massaging ones clitoris with the business end of a barracuda" -Dame Judy Dench. Anyways, enough about that.

This is great! I haven't written one thing of value so far! WOOO HOOO!! Still, I've urinated words in the snow that were more intellectually enriching then most programs you see on TV so consider yourself lucky to have read this! Ha ha, just kidding. We both know that nobody has ever read this....

OK, so that was a good test run. Perhaps one day I will actually write about something! Till then, down with pants!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was highly entertaining. But i guess it makes sense... when you just blurt things out they're usually pretty ridiculous and quite entertaining, so when you have time to actually think about what you're going to say, or in this case, write, it should be pretty fucking epic...which it is. And I 100% agree with you about the beatles...I thought I was alone. haha

Anonymous said...

THE BEATLES ARE BETTER THAN SLICED BREAD
Carbs suck
and Beatles rule
and I cant believe you stephanie!!!
U think u know a guy...
You both like banana pancakes, and have a vendetta against pants and all supporters of..and then you hear this.... Thousands and thousands of ppl cant b wrong...well there was that thing with george bush being president...twice but we all know the truth aboot that.
Xx

Anonymous said...

you sure tried to cover your ass a lot of the whole hating the beatles thing. it's your blog, steve! rip the beatles to shreds, no need to be all, "nothing against them or their fans and sure their brilliant musicians..." just hate on the beatles! no one's even paying you to write this stuff, so you can be as cruel (because cruel steve is funny steve) as you want!